Magnetic Head Pulleys provide ongoing self-cleaning of both large and fine iron particles on a conveyor belt. While products move across the conveyor belt, it reaches the magnetic head pulley and enters the magnetic field where metal impurities are drawn and held securely to the conveyor belt magnet.
Magnetic Head Pulleys are designed and built for maximum holding capacity and separation effectiveness.
Metal impurities are securely kept in place by industrial magnets until they move through the magnetic field where they are safely separated and disposed of from the clean product. All this happens while the magnetic conveyor belt is moved around the magnetic head pulley.
You will typically find a diverter installed below the magnetic head pulley to direct all metal impurities away from the cleaned product.
Applications where Magnetic Head Pulleys are used
Magnetic head pulleys are widely used in the recycling and processing of aluminum, plastic, glass, wood, and other non-ferrous materials.
Magnetic head pulleys can also be used for tramp metal removal from conveyor systems, purification and concentration of ores, chemicals and granular products.
Industries where magnetic head pulleys are commonly used include animal feed, food, aggregate, mining, steelworks, power stations, mining and quarrying.
Features of Magnetic Head Pulleys
- It is very easy to install and the permanent magnetic pulley requires no maintenance
- Unique continuous radial pole design captures long rod-like iron impurities across the pulley face
- No DC power supply is needed
- Terrifically resilient in design and offer hassle free operation
- An efficient and cost-saving recovery system of unsafe metal impurities
- Develops a notably powerful magnetic field in the middle of the belt, where the load is the biggest
- The entire body and face has welded construction and contains no bolts or screws
- Available as a permanent or electro-magnet
- Shafts can be welded or replaced/removed