Neodymium magnets also known as Neo’s or Rare Earth magnets, are the strongest type of permanent magnet commercially available.
- Material : N42 Neodymium Magnet
- Type : Permanent
- Size : Diameter 9 mm X Height 3 mm Neodymium rare earth cylinder magnet.
- Shape : Cylinder
- Colour : Silver
SOME OF OUR NEODYMIUM MAGNET APPLICATION IDEAS
- Locks for doors
- Magnetic clasps : jewelry , packaging , accessories
- Children’s magnetic building sets (and other neodymium magnet toys).
- Closing mechanism of modern sport equipment
The strength of Neodymium magnets are indicated by their grade, in other words, the Letter N, followed by a number, ie: “42“.
Therefore, N indicates Neodymium, in addition, the number following the ‘N’ determines its strength, for example : Grades of Neodymium Magnets – N35, N38, N42, N38SH.
These magnets have a high resistance to demagnetization, also known as their curie point, will not lose their magnetization around other magnets or if dropped, however, will begin to lose their strength if they are heated above their maximum operating temperature – 80°C.
In Conclusion, Neodymium magnets are strong… Most noteworthy these magnets must be handled with care, the stronger magnetic fields can be hazardous therefore must be handled carefully:
- Danger of breaking or chipping.
- Danger for children – Swallowing of a NEODYMIUM Magnet can be extremely dangerous.
- Blood bisters and cuts.
- Magnetically sensitive items ie: credit cards, mobile phones, pacemaker…..
- Cutting or drilling NEODYMIUM MAGNETS. …
- Nickel allergies
For further information on our Neodymium Rare Earth magnets, please visit our page ‘Neodymium/Rare Earth Magnets’