A Gauss meter is a portable instrument that utilizes a Hall probe (sensor) to measure the instantaneous value of magnetic induction and the strength of magnetic field in terms of gauss, tesla or ampere/meter. The instrument is capable of measuring static (dc) magnetic fields and alternating (ac) fields.
The Gauss meter allows:
- To identify conformity of equipment for magnetic particle inspection to the required specifications;
- test the level of induction fields of tested products, components or devices before/during magnetic particle inspection;
- test the level of remanent magnetization;
- test the level of industrial interference;
- test the level of magnetic fields.
- simplicity of design;
- ease of operation;
- high metrological characteristic